Friday, April 06, 2012

WARNING ~ grab your shades!

Are you ready for some vibrant inky color?!
Boy oh boy, did I ever have fun with this, maybe a little too much fun, lol!
I got a little ink happy here with Dyan Reaveley's Dylusions inks sprays, aren't they gorgeous?
I'm still in the learning process with the art journals, but, I'm having so much fun along the way!
The cute little lady is from Dylusions Love Struck Lucy stamp set. Dyan draws all of her stamps and they are so much fun, you can mix and match heads and bodies and wings etc. I water colored her with Dylusions ink sprays in bubblegum pink, squeezed orange, vibrant turquoise and melted chocolate. I used Tim's new watercolor detailer tip water brush. I sprayed my mat with the inks and put water in my brush, dabbed it in the ink and painted away. Lucy's wings are covered with pink Stickles.
The background is done with a spray water bottle and Distress stains. I sprayed my papers with water, I got it pretty wet and then I just rubbed my stains over the watered pages and dried it with my heat tool. I used the Dylusions Basic Backgrounds numbers stamp to stamp randomly on the pages with Archival ink in Vermillion, the hearts and word circles you see are from the Love Struck Lucy set stamped with Archival Jet Black. I added some chipboard hearts covered with Fruit Punch Stickles. I stamped the words from the Dylusions The Right Words set, cut them out and glued them on. After I was all done I sprayed both pages with Goosebumps clear texture spray, WHOA, that's where all the shine comes from, my glasses automatically went into shade mode, HA!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you try getting crazy with your inks, it sure is fun!
Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Smiley from millan.net

7 comments:

Daisy said...

WOW! I had to do a double take to make sure I was viewing your blog. Awesome art, Piris!

Joy said...

Love love love it!!!! You have inspired me to get inky with those sprays and stamps!

Kathy Eddy said...

Great pages! What color.

April said...

Great job! I love the bright colors. I just saw these sprays and love them!

Marjie Kemper said...

Love your pages! Totally VIBRANT!

Rea' said...

oooooh how cheerful !!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Love it! You are doing so great with your art journal. Thanks for sharing with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...