Monday, March 30, 2009

java queen & saturdays flea market finds

Smiley from millan.netGood Monday morning, I've had a few cuppa's and I'm
ready to share my Starbucks mug and a few of my flea market finds from the weekend.

I found the mug in my altering bin and decided I'd use the Java Queen from the new Domestic Goddess Creative Scraps by Crafty Secrets for the tag. I made the tag with the queen and I used the Coffee & Tea stamp set. The coffee twill was perfect with it. Sandy, owner of Crafty Secrets sent the twill a long time ago, I'm glad I kept up with it!! I used 2 tags here, the little one is attached to the big one and is off-set. I wrapped the twill around the mug and threaded it through the tags holes on the tags and tied a bow.

The mug, that's where my problems started, LOL! This is the first time I've altered one, I didn't realize there is no room for layers! I took out the insert guide and used it for a pattern, I traced it on some vintage sheet music, mistake #1. I cut out some scraps from the Garden Creative Scraps and adhered them to the sheet music, no way it would go in the mug. The sheet music was so thin I couldn't put any pressure on it to slip it down, it would tear.


Soooo, I decided I needed stronger paper, I used a piece of paper from a Crafty paper pad. I ripped my Garden scraps off the sheet music and stuck them on the paper, mistake #2, it was too thick to fit. I kept my cool, and ripped the Garden scraps off the paper. My final try was using the paper guide that came in the cup. I inked it up direct to paper with my Ranger Antique Linen pad. I stuck the scarps on again and it worked! It took some work but, I got it in the mug, phew, I was ready to give up! It was worth it though, it's so pretty with the vintage images inside!

Supplies: Stamps - Coffee & Tea by Crafty Secrets. Paper - Creative Scraps Domestic Goddess & Garden, paper pad scraps for the flower on the tag, tags. Ink - Ranger Distress Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Peeled Paint & Worn Lipstick. Acces. - Starbucks alterable mug from Starbucks at Target, Glimmer Mist -Patina, Candy Apple Red & Gingerbread, printed twill, gemstone sticker, Tim Holtz hardware. Tools - Zutter Round it All, paper distresser, SU! flower & Martha Stewart Cosmo & leaf punches, Tim Holtz blending tool.

Smiley from millan.netSmiley from millan.netSmiley from millan.netSmiley from millan.net
I went to Quitman Saturday to a flea market and a shabby shop called Vintage Rose, I'll share some pic's of my finds there later. It was so cold, the wind was howling and there were snow flurries, ARG!!

I got this plate of goodies, a vintage necklace, a sweater connector thingy, rhinestone earrings a cross and medals.

These red canisters, YIPPEE, they'll go on my Hoosier.

A 1952 Look magazine, there is a corner torn off the bottom cover, so it was $1, the other ones were $5. There are some great pictures and stuff in it, perfect for paper crafting, if I can make myself tear it up.

Well, that was my weekend of crafting and junkin'. I hope you have a great day, thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The mug was worth it! Beautiful:)

Anonymous said...

Love the mug and your flea market finds are great!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...