Monday, May 18, 2009

CS 16th birthday boy card

Guy cards aren't alot of fun for me to make. They
aren't flowery with girly colors etc. My bosses wife wanted me to make a card for their grandson who was turning 16. (In AR. kids can get a license at 16 and they can drive at 14 with a permit and a 21 year old driver with them, geeez...but, that's another story) This card was easy for me using the Crafty Secrets Favorite Fella stamp set. Love the vintage images in this set, it's perfect for any kind of guy card you need!


Supplies: Stamps - Crafty Secrets Favorite Fellas & ABC Top Hat. Paper - Neenah white, Cosmo Cricket Gretel, SU! Chocolate Chip. Ink - Ranger Distress Walnut Stain, Copic markers. Acces. - Tim Holtz Sprocket Gears, SU! hardware, ribbon, Ranger Distress Stickles Antique Linen. Tools - SU! tag & word window punches.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I found this great glass drink shaker at a junk shop in Mtn. View last time I was at mom's. I had to have it, it was $3, woohoo! The cartoon figures painted on it is what caught my attention along with the drink recipes. I'm using it for decoration in my kitchen. The top has a knob looking thing sticking out with threads on it, something screws on there, but, it's missing and I don't have a clue what it's for. Seems like I've seen these on TV and they spray into a glass from them? I don't know, does anybody know how this would be used? I'm not up on drink tools, LOL!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you have a great day, thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

This card is fantastic. I think it's a great card that will your bosses' wife will love!

Michele Kovack said...

I have a hard time making masculine cards too! But yours is fabulous!!!

Sharon R. said...

I'm sure he will love the card! What a great set of stamps for the Sweet 16...or is that only a "girl" thing??? LOL!
Great treasure find! Can't help you with the term for the missing connection...maybe a strainer of sorts. Either way, I'm sure it will be a nice addition to your kitchen! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Great card! I'm sure it will be a hit! Your drink shaker is adorable but I know nothing about them either.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! You bet this is perfect! I love your guy card! They are more difficult, but you aced it.

Lowery said...

The job of the military nurse is rewarding, but however, it can be risky sometimes. You are also guaranteed of beating deadlines when you buy nursing papers from our company. Even worse, sometimes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...