Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Crafty Secrets Halloween

These are the new Crafty Secrets stamp sets.
Yes, we all know how I love Halloween and all things scarey, did you know I own every Stephen King book that he's written, read them all but the Dark Tower series, never could get into those. The man can scare you and crack you up all in one paragraph. Can you believe he was an english teacher before he made it big in writing?
OK, enough about Mr. King.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 The vintage images in these sets are so fun. The labels are perfect for your bottles of brew or signs like I used on the tag. I LOVE the chain stamp, it's so perfect with this set and for little details.
For the tag I added Distress Dried Marigold and Dusty Concord with my blending tool. I dipped a paint brush in water and flicked it on the tag for the water drop look. I think that adds so much to a distressed project.I used me Dylusions Luscious Leaves stencil on the top and right edge and dabbed on paint with my pitch black Paint Dabber, let that dry and added some highlights with my Gelly Roll white pen. I stamped the cawing crow candy label and colored it with Copic markers y15, yr18, g21, bv02 and e57. I stamped the spiders and the sign arm hanger thingy, I know there's a better name for it, lol, and chain. The Spooksville and little scene along the bottom are from the Jolly Hallween set. 
I finally jumped on the washi tape wagon and added a couple of pieces under the green button brads. I added black Kaiser rhinestones on the corners of the sign. The chipboard star is covered with Martha Stewart Onyx glitter. I colored the white seam binding with the Distress inks. I added a trinket pin and type charm C for candy :) through the ribbon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is a atc card I made with the Jolly Halloween set.
I stamped the black cat sitting on the pumpkin on paper and did the cracked glass technique. I covered it with VersaMark ink and poured on clear embossing powder and melted it with my heat tool. I did that 3 times and put it in the freezer to harden up faster, then I bent it to get it to crack. I put it behind the Autumn Leaves silver frame. I used the Cracked embossing folder on the base paper and went over it with Distress Vintage Photo and Black Soot ink and a blending tool. I cut the strip of polkadot paper and used the lace stickers on the top and edges. I stamped Boo at the bottom and the cute little skeleton. I stapled on some black May Arts lace with my tiny attacher. The moon it covered with more Martha Onyx glitter.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I hope you have some fun with the new Crafty Secrets Halloween stamp sets, they are a must have for Halloween lovers!
Go check out Sandy's blog and see some more samples and what she's been up to!
Have a great day!
Smiley from millan.net


3 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I love these, Pam! Your work is just amazing....I can see that you are still using techniques from Creative Chemistry....and you've added some new ones of your own!

Rea' said...

Great stuff !! Love your display idea too ( the cork) !

Debbie K. said...

Adore your tags, Pam. So inspirational and simply amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...