Tuesday, April 08, 2014

friendliest flower

Hello!
The new Dina Wakley stencils are in the house!
That's all I used for these journal pages.
I love these stencils, the leaves are gorgeous, the basic's can be used in so many different ways so can the faces! The Affirmations is a great background stencil, I love the quote.
The plan was to have a daisy, sunflower and a purple cone flower.
That all changed when I found the quote on Pinterest. 
Now they are daisies, friendly daisies. 
Don't they look like friendly daisies with their cute faces? ;)
On the background I used the Affirmations and Leaves stencils, I made the flowers with the half sun from The Basics stencil and the faces are from the Moon Faces stencil.
The light blue background started out Vibrant Turquoise, way too much, so I took it down with gesso.
I used Distress Paints for the flowers in Scattered Straw, Dusty Concord and Picket Fence. I punched the faces with a Marvy jumbo scalloped punch. I stamped the faces in Distress Vintage Photo on book text and distressed them with Vintage Photo and Archival Dandelion and Carnation Red on the cheeks. The leaves are Archival Fern Green.
Oh yeah, I used the French Script background stamp from SU! too, I'm sure it's retired now though.
I used it for some distressing, any script stamp would work.
As always I added 3 eyelets with my Crop-a-Dile.
I wrote the quote with a bronze Sharpie marker and outlined it with a Sakura Micron black 08 pen.
It's a line Meg Ryan used in 'You've Got Mail'.
Well, that's it!
This month at The Inspiration Journal the challenge is anything goes!
How fun is that, right? 
Remember, you can use my discount code ieirisgarden at checkout over at Inspiration Emporium!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have a great day!
From Millan.Net



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...