Friday, January 11, 2008

Love Shack!

Remember the song Love Shack by the B-52's? It was a fun, be-boppy song. Here are some of the lyrics. Notice the reference to glitter, WOOHOO, I knew I liked this song for a reason LOL!!!

The Love Shack is a little old place where we can get together Love Shack baby, Love Shack bay-bee. Love baby, that's where it's at, Ooo love baby, that's where it's at Sign says.. Woo... stay away fools, 'cause love rules at the Lo-o-ove Shack! Well it's set way back in the middle of a field, Just a funky old shack and I gotta get back Glitter on the mattress Glitter on the highway Glitter on the front porch Glitter on the hallway ....

Here is my little Vicki Chrisman inspired Crafty Secrets Love Shack! I used the Sweet Chips Chipboard Little House. This is the first time I've done one of these little houses and it was so much fun! I decided to fill it with Valentine chocolates. These would make the cutest little gift for your special Valentine!!

The chocolates are Butterfinger hearts and Reeses hearts...mmmmmmmm........I have not had one of them! Good for me, yeah, says who?! ugh. The papers I used to cover the house, roof, scallops, windows and door are from the Pastel and Earthy Paper Pads. I have some pipe cleaners, I call them that anyway, that are red tinsel looking. I glued those on the corners of the house and the top of the roof. The little cuties in the windows, door and front of the house are from the Valentine Love Heartwarming Vintage Stickers. I did some stamping with my SU! Rose Red Classic ink on the house with the swirl from Cherubs, the little red bird is from Baby Girl and the little swirly one by the door is from French Mail. Get those from Crafty Secrets, ePaperie or Sassy & Sweet Crafts. I punched some hearts for the window shutters and covered them with Martha Stewart Tourmaline glitter. I glued the house to a chipboard coaster with E6000, it needs to be strong to hold all that candy, then I covered it with Martha Stewart Green Agate glitter, such a pretty green! I glued some Fresh Grass Dew Drops to the scallops around the bottom of the house.

I used pink eyelet ruffle trim and rick rack on the roof, and pink buttons on the scallops. I stuck this heart sticker on some chipboard, cut around it and added the glitter. I think she is so pretty!

I hope y'all have a great weekend! I'll be going to Mtn. View to see my mom, maybe I can get to a flea market or two :) Thanks for stopping by!




15 comments:

Bevie Pearl said...

What fun you have been having.
Love this idea and I love your Love Shack!!

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC! It's so beautiful and I am sure whomever receives it will love it.

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Awwww, how perfect!! Love all the sparkly details you've added!

Rose Ann said...

This is soooo adorable, Pam!! I absolutely love what you've done here! It's perfect!

Carol (HB) said...

Good Lord Gert!!!
I LOVE your little love shack!

Sandra Smart said...

Oh how funny! I just hear that song on the radio yesterday while I was driving and I cranked up the stereo! It really is a fun song. Love your "love shack"...so very cute!

Michele Kovack said...

I already left a comment on Crafty Secrets, but this is worthy of 2! IT is gorgeous!!!! I love, love, love it!!!!

Bev Gerard said...

It's delightfully packed with every detail possible, Piris!! I'm in awe of this scrumptious creation!

~Tex

Sheila D said...

Love your Love Shack, Baby! This is the coolest project. The detail, the colors...looks like so much fun.

Vicki G said...

This is Stunning!!!!

Vicki

Monika/Buzsy said...

Wonderful project! Love the buttons, colors, embellishments... TFS!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is one rockin' love shack!

Anonymous said...

what exactly does "Glitter on the Highway" all this glitter mean. I understand the rest of the song, though!! LOL!!!

Love your Love Shack, baby!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Such an adorable project. I'm enjoying my time on your blog. I've been blog hopping looking for some new inspiration; I'm tired of my same look. You are just what I need -- a refreshing change.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Such an adorable project. I'm enjoying my time on your blog. I've been blog hopping looking for some new inspiration; I'm tired of my same look. You are just what I need -- a refreshing change.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...