Sunday, January 06, 2008

Sew Special Shadow Box

I got this unfinished shadow box at Hobby Lobby in their Christmas clearance stuff, I love those after Christmas sales! I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. I painted it with acrylic off white paint and then I painted it with Tim Holtz's Tattered Rose Distress Crackle Paint by Ranger. I glued on some pink rick rack and the outside was done! It was kind of hard to get real clear pic's with the glare from the glass, I hope you can see it. The paint and rick rack are more pink than whats showing here, a pale pink.

I covered the inside with paper from the Crafty Secrets Classic Paper Pad. I stamped the dress form, pin cushion, scissors and sentiment from the Sew Special stamp set by Crafty Secrets. I used Walnut Stain Ink by Ranger and I colored them with Copic markers, I embossed the scissors with silver EP. There are vintage buttons around the sentiment a wooden spool with pink thread in the right corner and mini scrabble tiles glued down in front. I made some tabs out of card stock and glued them at the top and bottom of the dress form so I could glue it in and it would stand up. I glued the bottom tab to the bottom of the shadow box and the top tab to the back of the box. I made a tab for the pin cushion too and glued it to the spool. I glued the pins to the back of the pin cushion. Get a load of the vintage tracing wheel!! I got it at an antique store for $2, I immediately thought of Vicki when I saw it, LOL!! It's so cool, love the old wood handle, but, it's not very good at tracing on card stock, the wheel thingys aren't so pointy, LOL!

Here is a close up of the crackle paint, so vintagey!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've been working on a little Love Shack for Valentine's, I need to get some candy and take pic's, it's been fun!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was so nice here yesterday, in the 70's! Me and Terry did some yard work, shrub trimming and carrying off. A perfect day for it. It's supposed to be in the 70's again today with rain starting this evening. Ahhhh, love this warm weather in January!
Have a sweet day, thanks for stopping by!


P~





4 comments:

Vicki Chrisman said...

Ahhhhhh!!!!!! Pam I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!! This is just fantastic! I think I better make a Hobby Lobby run!

Becca said...

This is sew (s0) pretty.....what a nice gift that would be or to preserve some of my mom's sewing notions.
Bela

Bevie Pearl said...

What a perfect sewing themed wall hanging for a room. Gorgeous work and great idea.

Rose Ann said...

Oh my....I love your shadowbox!! What a beautiful job you've done with this!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...