Monday, June 08, 2009

Crafty Secrets DT Challenge & irises

Sandy Redburn, owner of Crafty Secrets wanted the DT to do a birthday challenge. We could make anything as long as it had a birthday theme. I decided to make a gift box and card.

I used a big matchbox and covered it, inside and out with paper from the Crafty Secrets Classic Paper Pad. I sprayed a paper doilie with Gingerbread Glimmer Mist and glued it to the side of the box. I started adding the embellishments tto the top. The aqua velvet flowers, buttons, ribbon and crystal swirl. I made the lace flower by gathering the the lace and I glued on the tan felt flower and button. I stuck 2 pins in the flower. I punched 4 butterflies from Crafty Secrets paper and glued them on the white cotton string. I sandwiched the string between 2 butterflies, then I added some crystals down the center. The tag with the sentiment on it is a white tag sprayed with Patina Glimmer Mist.The card is made with the same materials, I made a smaller lace flower and I used a Sweet Chips chipboard frame sprayed with more Patina Glimmer Mist for the Happy Birthday sentiment. The sentiments are stamped with the Crafty Secrets Card Sentiments stamp set.
The coursage pin is covered with glue and then dipped in white gold glitter.

Make sure you check out the other design teams blogs for their birthday challenge creations --->Vicki, Anna, Lisa, Heidi, Marisa, Vivian, Michele, Linda, Melisa, and Michelle.
Anna is hosting a Crafty Secrets give away on her blog too, the winner wins a Crafty Secrets $30 gift certificate from Sandy Redburn, WOOHOO!!!! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I thought I'd leave you with a couple of iris pictures from my mom's yard.
I have a terrible case of poison ivy Smiley from millan.net I've had a shot and taken the dose pack for it and I still have it. I don't know why it's so hard to get rid of this timeSmiley from millan.net do you have any suggestions on how I can get rid of it?? I'm all ears!!
Have a great Monday, thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

You absolutely put my project to shame......yours is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Sherry Cheever said...

***THUD***

Girl, this is sooooooo GORGEOUS!

Ann said...

Beautiful box!

Heidi Blankenship said...

WOW!!! These are absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I love all the different little elements and the aqua color is beautiful!! Wonderful pictures of the Iris. I don't know if this will get rid of the Poison Ivy but it may relieve the itching, take a bath with some oatmeal in it or make and oatmeal rub, spread it on and let it sit for about 10 minutes and then wash off. It will also make your skin feel really soft. Good Luck!!

Diana said...

Spectacular!!!!

And the flowers, wow wow!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Now that is just beautiful!! LOVE IT!! Those colors...are ..yummy!!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Beautiful - love your box and pin dipped in glue with glitter! Very creative!

Anonymous said...

Pam, these are GORGEOUS!! They are so pretty and I love your lace flowers! The irises are gorgeous too! I hope you get better soon. I've never had poison ivy so can't offer any suggestions, but take care of yourself!

Darlene said...

WOW ... this gift box/card are GORGEOUS!! Love the soft color and fine details! Thanks for sharing so many details with us!!

Your iris are beautiful! I love all he varieties of iris ... they are one of my favorites!!

Sorry about the poison ivy ... been there/done that ... don't want it again!!! After the shot and dose pack, it should start disappearing! I wish I had more helpful info for you!!

Jessica Canham said...

Your box and card are gorgeous! I love your lace flowers.

I hope your poison ivy goes away soon; that's just miserable. I never realized how bad and serious it could be until my mom and sister got it. Have you googled it to see what else you can do for it?

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

HOLAY MOLAY!! Gorgeous, girl!! And you know, it makes me smile EVERY TIME I see that photo of you on the web! Here, as well as other places you've commented. What fun! =)

Marisa said...

Love the colors you used and how you added all those elements to make a lovely card and matching box.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Pam this is GORGEOUS, girl!!! I love the colors.. well I love everything.... Your work is eye candy for sure. Linda Duke

Conniecrafter said...

such pretty color combo, love your flower!

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Your boxes are very reminiscent of things I used to see in my grandmothers sewing room, and also in the attic!! Love the colors and lace.. so nostalgic!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...