Monday, May 16, 2011

Crafty Secrets May Challenge ~ Masculine

Happy Monday!


Today's the day for the Crafty Secrets May challenge, this month we're doing masculine. I knew exactly what stamp sets I needed, the Car Classics & Favorite Fellas, 2 of my most fave guy sets ever! I got them out and got busy. The first thing I do when I do a photo tag card like this is figure out what pic's I want to use. I size them and use the colors I want in my photo software, print them out and then I start placing the pic's and the stamped images where I want them. Next comes the embellishments, thats always fun, digging through my bellie box finding just the right piece!

This is my fave fellas tag card, the Berry boys in my family.


See the metal tag I used on the front? I snatched them from Terry. He was going through his company truck and he was heading for the trash can with these highline pole tags. I'm sure glad I saw him, LOL!

The screws are brads I got from Oriental Trading a long time ago. The rusty star is an ornament from Hobby Lobby. I stamped the map stamp with Ranger Distress Black Soot ink on an old vintage map and cut it out. The Route 66 is cut out and popped up with a foam dot. I stamped Favorite Fellas with Ranger Distress Vintage Photo on an office supply tag and added some of tim's tissue tape.

Here's the tag all spread out. I stained the white seam binding with Ranger Distress Antique Linen & Broken China stains and tied it through the large eyelets at the top of each tag along with brown twine.


The first pic is of my dad. The sentiment is from the Car Classic set. I used some of tim's findings, film strip tape and tiny attacher. I added metal corners on each end of the tag.


This is my brother Troy. The sentiment is from the Car Classic's set. I put Glossy Accents on the headlights to give them a little shine.

This is my son Dustin. I stamped the berry boys with Ranger Distress Vintage Photo ink on another smaller office supply tag. I added more tim findings here.


This is my grandson West (Jr). The stamped winner & flags are also from the Car Classics set.


Now, go check out the other designers blogs and see thier inspiring work and head over to the Crafty blog, you know Sandy has some fun in store for you!!




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have a great day!
Smiley from millan.net



13 comments:

Carol W. said...

Fantastic job, Love the details, design and the embellishments. TFS

Vicki Chrisman said...

Great projects Pam! Love the fold out esp.. very very cool! And ..ummm..tag ... SCORE! They are Awesome!

Karen W said...

What a fantastic idea, wonderful!!!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

WOW what a winning treasure this is. I love all the elements and great layouts. I should learn to use photoshop. You did a fantastic job on this. I've went back several times to see more and more details. Thanks for the morning fun!!

Yoli said...

Luv that first tag. You scored with those metal tags.

Anonymous said...

Love your tag card how very creative and enjoy all the embellies you have used too. Thanks for sharing.

Conniecrafter said...

Fantastic tags, great home decorations, wonderful to pass down

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Gorgeous project...and the metal pole tags are awesome! Good save!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful project Pam. All of the details you added work so well together.

Hearts Turned said...

Love your projects, Pam--they're perfect! Those tags were a fabulous save--glad you caught your son in time!

Hope you're having a wonderful day!

Julie

Linda S. said...

Oh My Goodness...that is just plain scary how close those wonderful tags came to being in the trash. So glad you rescued them as they are the perfect embellishment. You could sell those in a heartbeat, and I want to be your first customer. Great tag project! Linda S. in NE

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this Pam...Wowzer...so perfectly done!!

Michelle said...

Pam, I just love the vintage look to your tags! Thanks for the inspiration, keep those creative juices flowing girl!:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...