Thursday, January 01, 2009

home sweet home on new years!

Smiley from millan.netHappy 2009 everyone, can you believe it's 2009 already? I'm glad it's here, 2008 is done, yay, I'm looking forward to the new year!

I was watching the Today Show, and they had a video looking back at 2008, here. Does anyone know the name and/or artist of the last song on the video? I did all kinds of searches on iTunes and couldn't figure it out, I'm wanting to download it. If someone would let me know, I sure would appreciate it!

ETA - For those of you who want to know, the song is Our Lives by The Calling. Thanks to Debra for letting me know!!
I spent the day taking down my Christmas decorations and making blackeyed peas, hog jowl and cornbread. It's a tradition with my family and a lot of families in the south to have this on New Years day so you'll be prosperous in the new year, so we have to have this every year! Mmmmmmmmm!

Here's another card I made with the new Crafty Secrets Home Sweet Home stamp set. It's perfect for coloring! This is a night time image, see the owl sitting in the tree, isn't he cute? I put some glitter on the moon so it would shine. The row of flowers are a sweet little stamp that I just lined up across the card. I love acrylic stamps for that very reason, you can see what your doing and stamp without a lot of hassle!
The pattern paper is from the Pastel Paper Pad and I used my Copic's for the coloring.

Happy New Year, thanks for stopping by!
Smiley from millan.net

6 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

I adore your card! Love the pretty pastel colors!!! I love this new set!

Conniecrafter said...

Just darling, I so love your stamped flowers across the back, such a neat touch, pretty papers and stitching!

Toni K said...

Gorgeous card! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Pam!! Love it and the colors!

Candy said...

Beautiful Pam!!

Heather Gates said...

the song is called Our Lives by The Calling

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...