Saturday, December 15, 2007

Crafty Cone & Tag

Hi there everybody, it's Saturday, WOOHOO!
I got to sleep in this morning and woke up to tons of rain. They are saying there may be a winter mix this evening, ugh. We have been lucky so far, we've been so warm lately!



Here is the cone I made with a pattern that Sandy has at Crafty Secrets, she should have it at the Crafty Secrets site shortly! It's perfect for making the hanging cone and party hats, I'll have to try one of those too!


I used a piece of patterned paper from the Crafty Secrets Radiant Paper Pad and traced the cone on it, cut it out and used sticky tape to hold it together. Then I glued on the pink rick rack, lace and I used mini glue dots to attach the buttons. I had a pack of the little wooden alpha blocks and wanted to add one to the bottom of the cone but the blocks were solid and I wanted a bead too. I remembered I had my she-tool that my friends Cindy Lyles told me about by K&S Metals called Her Embosser , it's like a girly Dremil! I drilled the hole for the wire to go through to attach the block and bead, I was so tickled, I felt like Tim the Tool-man Taylor, arr-arrr-arrr! HA! I used one of the chipboard frames from the Crafty Secrets Sweetchips Chipboard Die cut Shapes that's coming out in January. I glued it on a sticker from the Spring Joys sticker sheet and covered the frame with Martha Stewarts Tourmaline glitter. I attached some of Martha's wide pink ribbon for the hanger, ummmm, gorgeous ribbon!


I have been looking at Tim Holtz's blog at his fab tags and decided I would drag out my tags I've been hoarding :)
I did this one Vicki Chrisman style, isn't she amazing?! I sprayed the tag with Pink Taffy Glimmer Mist, soaked it and dabbed it with a paper towel and did that 2 more times. I used a picture of Jasmine from her big sisters birthday party I had printed and cut out. I stamped it with Crafty Secrets Altered Art and Cherubs stamp sets and I used SU! Rose Red and Close to Cocoa Craft ink. Added my paper, chipboard, glitters, buttons, lace and ribbons. It was a lot of fun to make, I think I'll be doing more of these!
Be sure and go leave a comment on Anna Wight's blog, it's her turn for the Crafty Secrets give away, you never know, you may be the winner!
Have a great weekend everybody, stay warm and shop safe! Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Soguesswhat11 said...

ooh, that's just gorgeous! Great work!!

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Whoa..... LOVE that tag!!! -Anna.

Jacqueline said...

These are beautiful! The tag is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

That's a really cute tag!

Bev Gerard said...

Pink Heaven on Earth!
Wowza, Piris! You really do just have non-stop blow-me-away creativity! It just seems to me that Crafty Secrets and Piris were truly "meant to be"!

~Tex

Michele Kovack said...

This is gorgeous!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...