Thursday, December 06, 2007

dressy calendar

I was trying to come up with a new calendar for my refrigerator using the sticky calendars that you can pick up at banks, florists, etc. I had the CUTE chip board dress from Crafty Secrets, YAY! I covered the dress with paper from the Radiant Paper Pad, sponged the edges and used my tracing wheel to do some faux stitching, thanks Vicki and Sandy for the tips!! I used my large rectangle nestability die and cut a base for my calendar. I glued the tiny SU! clips to the dress with E6000 to hold the calendar so I can change the calendar for 2009! Love how that worked out, now I don't have to destroy my dress pulling the calendar off! I glued some vintage trim along the bottom, and stamped the swirl from the Cherubs stamp set on every page of the calendar. The little cup of coffee is from the Kitchen Classics set.I glued 4 magnets on the back of the dress with E6000 so it will stick to the fridge.
You can get the Crafty Secrets stamp sets from Sassy & Sweet Crafts and ePaperie!

Man, is it ever cold outside!! YUCKO!

I'm ready for Spring!! :)

Hope y'all have a toasty day, thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

I just adore this project! And you use the same trick on your buttons that I use!! :D SOOOOO much easier than using actual thread, don't you think! ;)

Carol (HB) said...

aaaaaaaaack! This is OVER-THE-TOP adorable! What a great idea! You are soooooooo good!

Conibaer said...

Wow! This is just cool! Great job!

Bev Gerard said...

HUSH UUUUUUUUUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have just known that you would "make" me order those cute litle dresses ... I should have just gone ahead earlier so I'd have'em when I need'em, Piris!! You are the queen .... the queen, I tell ya!

((((hugs))))
Tex

Rose Ann said...

Oh my gosh...isn't this just the sweetest??!!! I love it, Pam!!

Debbie Olson said...

How loevly this is, Pam! Every detail is perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...