Monday, May 19, 2008

CUTE as a bug & black iris

I love this sweet bug image by Crafty Secrets, it's in the Bug's Life set. Don't you wish we had 2 sets of hands to get ready every morning!! I used the "Cute as a bug"sentiment and the little dancing bugs to stamp on the artichoke strip. I love the dresser in the main image, I have one similar to that! I put Glossy Accents on the mirror to make it look like real glass.

Supplies: Stamps - Crafty Secrets Bug's Life from Crafty Secrets or ePaperie. Paper - SU! Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, Blush Blossom, Confetti White and Crafty Secrets Classic Paper Pad. Ink - Ranger Distress Walnut Stain and Copic markers from Hanna Stamps, ePaperie or Ellen Hutson. Acces. - Glossy Accents from ePaperie or StarLitStudio, button, Marvy scalloped oval punch, Creative Memories oval cutter, ribbon, slit punch, Tim Holtz ruler and poker, Chocolate Chip marker.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is my bearded black iris, isn't it beautiful? This is the first time it has bloomed. They call these black because they are such a deep eggplant color they are almost black. I was lucky enough to get these pictures right after a rain shower. I hope you enjoy them!


Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!


11 comments:

Shelly said...

Too cute Pam, I love the colors you used.

Anonymous said...

Pam,
not only are you a primo artist - you are a primo gardener.
Love the 'cute as a bug'.
Love the iris'.
Thank you.

Stefanie Staniak said...

Piris, I love the colors on your buggy card. So earthy.
That flower is beautiful. My iris' haven't popped yet but when they do I'll get a pic for you too !! :)

MichelleY said...

What a darling card! I love the 'glassy' mirror. Piris, you are the master of fine detail!

Anonymous said...

I love that bug image!! Too cute!! (I like how you coated the mirror!) And GORGEOUS flowers!!!!

Anonymous said...

Pam, Love the cute as a bug and the beautiful iris. Is it Iris Japonica? How long from planting til bloom time? I live in Texas, so they are pretty much done now, but maybe next year. I could put them in during the fall and hopefully by spring It'll bloom, let me know, Sylvia

Lana said...

I love stopping by Piris! Have a wonderful day! Thanks for starting mine with a smile! Love your buggy card!

Unknown said...

That is such a cute image, and you did a wonderful job on coloring it.

patty
www.paperpiecingpatty.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Your card is so vintage cute! I just love all the beautiful things you did with the layout and decorating of the card front. I also love this Crafty Secrets set--so different! You colored the image beautifully. Gorgeous iris, too!!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

That card is ADORABLE! I think you and LZ are making me need this set!!

The iris is GORGEOUS! OMG - I think I need to search for some this beautiful!

joslyn said...

great pictures and i love your coloring on this one. so cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...