Wednesday, May 28, 2008

my atc book & a charming bird

I decided I wanted to make an ATC book and use baseball card holders to put the ATC's in. I found a book at a thrift shop, the perfect size and the covers were plain, it just has the title on it.
It was really hard for me to cut the covers off the book, I don't know, it just didn't seem right LOL, once I got it done I was OK though.

I think the Crop-A-Dile is one of the best tools made! If I didn't have it, putting holes in the covers would have been TOO HARD to do! I put the big eyelets from SU! in the holes and used 3 1 1/2" ring binders to hold it all together. I put a package of baseball card holders inside, hopefully, I'll be adding more! I didn't do anything to the covers other than adding the paper, chipboard and bellies, the covers were already a pretty yellow.

I left the inside covers like they were, I thought it looked good!
Supplies: Paper - Crafty Secrets Pastel Paper Pad, SU! Regal Rose. Crafty Secrets Sweet Chips Chipboard - small heart and large heart from the Heart Album and Frames, bird from the Little Folding House, "I" and tag hand cut from a coaster, sheet music. Ink - Walnut crystals by 7gypsies, Glimmer Mist. Acces. - book covers, baseball card holders from Wal-Mart, pink twill, lace, rick rack, buttons, pom-pom ribbon, Scrabble tiles, SU! scalloped, hole and slit punches, foil leaves & bow.
Oh! Just wanted to pop in here and tell you to go on over to the Crafty Secrets Blog and see what Sandy's up to! She's got some contests and give aways going on, YIPPEEEEEE!!!!

Look what I got from Laurie at Lauries Charming Designs. I just love her little wool birdies and her tole painting, beautiful! She hand dyes the wool and this is her own pattern, you need to go check out all her bird creations, they are so stinkin' cute!!

I've added this one to my little pin cushion collection.


8 comments:

Shelly said...

Oh my, love all the mixed media on your ATC book! The bird is fabo, gotta check them out....

Charmingdesigns said...

Thanks Pam...she looks very happy in her new home!! Another tool I should get...lol. Crop a dial??? I just blogged about my tools.lol. Laurie

Becca said...

Lovely idea for ATCs. Mine are sitting in a binder needing a decorative cover. If you are interested in an ATC swap that is going on for June, please go to: my blog where you will see:
Twisted Chick....Michelle has a monthly ATC swap, nice to see you there if you can join. This is my fifth swap with her and I am loving it.

Your blog is so inspirational.
Bela

Rose Ann said...

Your ATC book is sooo amazing, Pam!! What wonderful details!!!

Sharon Harnist said...

{{Pam}} -- long time, no see, girl! I love your ATC book . . . wow, your work never ceases to amaze me! And that bird is gorgeous sitting atop that wonderful pin cushion -- how original!!

Kookie said...

Please hold while I pick my jaw up off the floor!
I totally love this ATC book idea! Mine are all in the bags I received them in...for shame, I KNOW! You are to clever girl!

Anonymous said...

{{{{{{{Pam}}}}}}}} I had a few minutes today, and thought--what's Pam up to? I wanna see! My goodness, what yummy eye candy awaited me when I got here!

Beautiful stuffs, girl! Warm hugs, JulieHRR

Cindy Lyles said...

Oh Piris I LOVE the book!!!! All so beautiful - so inspiring!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...