Sunday, May 04, 2008

Tornado & Hanna Stamps challenge, hsc15

Hi all, I'm so happy to be able to say that today Ü
You may have heard on the news about the tornadoes that went through Arkansas Friday. I spent Friday morning in the hallway with a mattress over us, I was so scared. Greers Ferry got a lot of damage, homes, business, farms, it's just awful to see all the lives disrupted. It got as close as Terry being able to hear it when he was on the porch. But, we made it with no damage, I'm so thankful! I took some pic's of our flooded yard after it was over. These were taken from my deck in the back yard.




OK, on to happier stuff!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is my card for the HSC15 over on SCS in the Hanna Stamps forum. We were to use more than 1 set on a card. I used 4 sets on this one and I did all Hanna Stamps sets! I pulled out the little sewing machine, actually, I put it on my table I work on all the time so maybe I'll use it more! This Hanna card is full of bling too, it's all about the ya know!!


Go on over to the challenge on SCS and see all the other challenge cards, they are so much fun to do!





Supplies: Paper - Sage Shadow, Ruby Red, GP White, Honey Pie by Cosmo Cricket. Stamps - Fun In The Sun, Things Hanna Would Say, Small Breed Dogs, But, I Need It! all by Hanna Stamps! Ink -Ranger Distress Walnut Stain, Copic markers & Spica glitter pens from {Hanna Stamps, ePaperie or Ellen Hutson} Acces. - Dew Drops {Hanna Stamps & Ellen Hutson}, Stampendous Class A Peel stickers in red, red staples, ribbon by American Craft, Glossy Accents from {Starlit Studio & epaperie}, Janome sewing machine, SU! chunky glitter.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I gotta go for now, please say some prayers and send some positive thoughts for the people that have been affected by this horrible storm.

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Stefanie Staniak said...

Oh that sparkly sand looks wonderful. Adorable card Pi - I can't believe you can focus on stamping after your ordeal !! I'm just so happy that you and your's are safe and sound !! :)

Carol (HB) said...

OMWORD! The water is just running through your back yard? I thank the Lord you and Terry are safe, but I am so sad for those who have to pick up the pieces!
Is that a little craft cottage in the back yard?

The card is ADORABLE!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh
My
Goodness ....
PIRIS!!!!

I am soooooo sorry to hear about this! I was off having a grand time in Arlington, frolicking and hugging with a ton of SCS stampers while you were enduring this nightmare!!

(((((hugs))))))) and anything else you need ! Just say so , sweet friend!!

(Well of course, I LOVE your project ..... what's not to fall all over, darling?!")
If you need it, just call me!! Seriously!!!
((((hugs))))

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

GORGEOUS card, Piris - wow - love all the bling!

I can't imagine how terrified you and Terry were. I am so grateful that you are both ok and your home, too. I feel just so so sad for all those affected.

Kristi said...

THUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michele Kovack said...

So glad to hear you are ok! Thoughts and prayers coming your way.....
Your card is devine!!! Love all the little details!

Charmingdesigns said...

That is soooo cute!! Wow, I'm so glad to hear that you're ok. Prayers are going out to all. Laurie

Kar said...

love the card... hope the flooding is better now. What an awful thing to go through!

Cindy Lyles said...

I am so glad you and Terry are safe!!! Love the card Piris!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Piris!! I'm definitely praying! Oh I'm sooo thankful that you & TerrY & family are okay!!!

Dang! How can you create in times like these chicka??!! Surely you KNOW that I adore your stuff!!

((hugs))
Tex

Trudee said...

OMG Pam that is SO scary! I am glad you are OK!!! {{{Pam}}}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...