Monday, June 02, 2008

HSC19, sneak peek and stuff

Mmmmmm. Doesn't she look like she's smelling the coffee and saying, ahhhhhhhhhh. That's what I do every morning, ahhhhhhhhhh, but, I'm not smiling.

Today is the day, the Hanna DT can start showing some sneak peeks of the new Hanna's being released Friday June 6th! WOOHOO! Be sure and go to the Hanna forums over at Splitcoast Stampers and see whats in store for you!
I played in this weeks Hanna challenge HSC19 hosted by Candice. Her challenge was to play dress up and do paper piecing! YAY! Love the paper piecing, I do it all the time with my Hanna's! It's really easy to do and we all loved to play paper dolls when we were little, right? Go on over to the challenge and play along!Her dress is paper pieced and the dots are filled in with vintage glass Art Glitter, I go ga-ga over ya know, ha-ha!

Supplies: Stamps - Hanna Stamps Cafe. Paper - Prism Frosted Teal, Cosmo Cricket Honey Pie paper pad, SU! Chocolate Chip, Georgia Pacific white. Ink - Ranger Distress Walnut Stain & Copics from Hanna Stamps, ePaperie or Ellen Hutson. Acces. - Scallop scissors, Glossy Accents, brads, vintage glass Art Glitter Red Damask (fine), Janome sewing machine, word window & circle punches, ribbon, Stampendous Dot Sparklers in red.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I went to target a couple of weeks ago and spotted these in the $1 spot. You talk about bringing back memories for me, man, they sure did! I grew up in Springfield, MO. and they had A&W (you know, the root beer?) drive-in's complete with car-hops, yep, they had car-hops back then. We would order a root beer and they would bring it to us in a cold frosty mug with one of these plastic animals sitting on the rim of the mug! It was fun to see which one we would get on our mugs. As we got older when we were out running around, we would put these little critters on the sun visor in the car, they would be lined up all the way across, LOL! Oh, their burgers where called Papa burger ( the biggest one) Mama burger (the next size down) Teen burger (you get the drift) and Baby burger!! I don't see A&W's anymore, the last time I ate at one was about 9 years ago and it was nuttin' like the ones we had in the good ol' days!!


Isn't it funny how things can bring back memories? Well, these little plastic animals sure did for me! The box says they are martini hangers, I think not, they are A&W Root Beer mug critters!










~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's another iris I wanted to share with you. I love the banana color in this one!

I hope y'all have a great day and thanks for stopping by!









10 comments:

Debbi T said...

Lemme tell ya somethin'.....we still have A&W's in Canada, so you should come visit! Up until I left home at 18 there was still a drive in one with carhops and everything!!!!! Now there's a sucky drive through and crabby teenaged workers....LOL!!

You're right though, the food tastes nothing like it used to. EXCEPT for that icy cold root beer.....still tastes the same to me! :)

And I see those "toys" every time I go to Milestones and order a Bellini..... :)

Love you - AWESOME paper piecing, as always....

Shabbychick Junk said...

DANG YOU ARE *GOOD*, MS. THANG! I'M GONNA CALL YOU TONITE, YOU FREAKING ROCK, SISTER!

Denise G said...

Wow... this brought back way to many memories for me... I may have a few of these little gems tucked away in my "treasure" box!

Love the Hanna Card too! Thanks for sharing.
Denise G

Brooke S said...

I remember getting these animals on the top of the top scoop of ice cream on a ice cream cone. My grandma and Grandpa would take us out when we would visit them.

The A&W food in Utah is gross but the rootbeer rocks. I usually buy a half gallon for out friend from England who is here going to school and has fallen head over heals for A&W. We even slipped it in his fridge to have first thing when her returned from a holiday in England..

I enjoyed your blog by the way...

Kar said...

There are still A&W's around here... We have a local one that has awesome Root Beer even though it is not an A&W.

Shelly said...

So cute, I am with you on the coffee. No smiles before at least 3 cups here!

Kristi said...

I love this card!!! PERFECT!!!!!!That bling is to die for.
I remember those A&W critters....

MichelleY said...

I remember A&W's too! I don't remember getting a cute little animal with my rootbeer. I thought these looked similar to the old game, Barrel O'Monkeys. Do you remember that one?

Piris....your card is stinkin ADORABLE! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the bling.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Those little plastic animals remind me of trips to my Grandma's in the summer. She had a whole box of those my brother and I used to play with! Wow! I didn't know they came from A&W Root Beer. (My grandparents must have drank a LOT of root beer! lol) Thanks for that memory, Pam!

Your card is adorable! I love anything that has to do with coffee! That looks like a really cute set! (Love the glitter!)

Anonymous said...

I just telling someone today about what a special treat it was when Dad occasionally would take the family out to eat after church on Sunday to A&W. I had forgotten about the little plastic animals and ordering the different size hamburgers, but you are right, the A&W of today just doesn't taste the same.

Leslie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...