Monday, June 09, 2008

chairs, tic tac toe & Ritsy Rags

Oh man, I have SO MUCH to share today, from paint to games to Ritsy Rags!! LOL!

Remember my chairs in this post I got for Mother's Day from my son & DIL? Well, I decided to have them painted. We had them sandblasted and Terry took them to Heber Springs where our nephew has a body shop, how lucky am I, huh? He told me he had a camera of some sort that he could take a picture and match the paint to it. I picked out this yummy pink from my Prism swatch book and cut a piece of cardstock for him to match it to, it's perfect!! He's going to paint the arms, legs and design in the back of the chairs white. He said something about inlaying our names.....I wonder if he can paint irises?! LOL! I can't wait to see them, I'll take a picture when I get them back.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is a tic tac toe board I got at a flea market and covered with some Crafty Secrets paper and the new Journal Booklets. It was painted and looked bad, I new it would be pretty in the Crafty papers! I added some feet to it with my wooden spools, I painted everything first and then put the paper on with Mod Podge, then I added rick rack, ribbon and buttons.











~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I went to Mtn. View Saturday and I went to Ritsy Rags, of course!

Hi Rene' I finally remembered to ask her if I could take some pictures and my little camera I carry in my purse was almost dead, so I had a hard time...pfffft! Oh well, I got some pretty good ones.
I wish you could see this table and chairs IRL, the top of the table is a pink laminate like the tables from the 50's & 60's, it's so shabby and just gorgeous! Too bad it's not for sale

The building used to be a bank and this is the door to the vault. Inside are shelves of fabric, LOVE this vault, so cool!


































Look at this pan of buttons, I'm in heaven!!

I picked out a scoop of pink ones!

If you are ever in or near Mtn. View you have to check out Ritsy Rags, she's on Main St., tell her I sent ya! Super cute store filled with all things quilting, fabric and wool crafting, antiques and gifts! Rene' does classes too, she's doing one now making aprons from your old jeans, they are too cute!



Have a happy Monday and thanks for stopping by!



5 comments:

MichelleY said...

Oh Piris...I can't wait to see your pink chairs! They will look spectacular on green grass!

Also, your tic-tac-toe board is adorable. I swear....everything you touch turns to pure gold....you are so talented!

And the apron....well that has to be the sexiest apron I ever laid eyes on. Dang....it may be too sexy for the kitchen.....just saying!

Lana said...

I want some BUTTONS!!!!!!!!!! Piris! I fell off my chair and broke both of my hips just from looking at that picture of buttons! WOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Stefanie Staniak said...

I can hardly wait to see those chairs. Do you know that they are on the cover of the new Brookstone catalog and they are $80 each!! Wowzers! And to think my grandpa had a lot of them !!
I agree with My - when Piris touches something it immediately becomes a work of art! :)

Bevie Pearl said...

I can't wait to see your chairs!

Bevie Pearl said...

In fact, I wanna just sit in one of your chairs and look at your garden.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...